School Direct is a year long postgraduate route to qualified teacher status which is led by a school alliance. In this route your training programme is designed by the alliance to help you meet the requirements for the award of Qualified Teacher Status and a 60 Masters Credit postgraduate certificate in education (PGCE).
Teach Manchester’s School Direct programme is designed to develop the skills our schools are looking for in a newly qualified teacher (NQT). We have a consistently strong employment rate for our trainees; since our inception 95% of our trainees have secured NQT positions which contribute to induction in the September immediately after graduation.
You’ll become a part of your main placement school team from September, this is earlier than University led programmes. You will receive intensive support from our experienced team of teachers and mentors from the beginning of your placement. You’ll build your skills through observation, reflection, and attendance at both alliance training sessions and university led sessions. This will support you in building your skill set towards teaching whole lessons, and then onto a significant timetable by the end of the year.
Applications for School Direct are made through UCAS, search Teach Manchester to find our available programmes.
Key Features of Teach Manchester School Direct Programmes
- Primary and Secondary programmes offered
- Collaborative taught programme comprising of both expert practitioner led sessions and university led sessions
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) awarded by our university partners
- Support from our experienced team of school based mentors
- Flexible pace of in school work to enable you to embed and develop skills
- Placements in at least two alliance schools
- Consistently strong employment rate