Teach Manchester is offering an excellent range of high quality School Direct places to start September. As an experienced School Direct Alliance of Manchester schools, including primary, secondary, specialist and sixth form colleges, we are working in partnership with the Manchester Metropolitan University to deliver innovative and exciting Initial Teacher Training in Design and Technology.
We provide a diverse and inclusive programme of learning and support which equips new teachers with the skills and knowledge to be outstanding teachers, benefiting from the opportunities and challenges within our exciting city.
Our partner provider Manchester Metropolitan University, will validate your School Direct course with a PGCE qualification, giving you the opportunity to complete up to sixty credits towards your master’s degree.
Our partner schools have substantial experience of working with trainee teachers and has a strong track record in producing high quality graduate teachers. Successful applicants to our alliance will join a strong partnership where you will benefit from mentoring and support from highly experienced urban practitioners. Teach Manchester offers you a range of experiences within Manchester Schools where you will have the opportunity to learn and grow in confidence within a secure and stimulating environment.
School Direct trainees follow a University and school based programme of professional studies, meeting on a regular basis to share reviews of progress being made and to ensure access to the full range of training opportunities.
- A minimum of a 2:2 undergraduate honours degree awarded by a UK university, or an equivalent higher education qualification. Your degree needs to support the subject knowledge requirements of the National Curriculum for Design and Technology.
- Post-16 qualifications eg A-level Design and Technology/ Food Technology desirable
- GCSEs at grade C/4 or above in English language and mathematics.
- Our strongest applicants have undertaken some observation in a school and reflected on their experiences and the role of the teacher
- Satisfactory medical clearance and Disclosure and Barring Service check