Teach Manchester is offering an excellent range of high quality School Direct places to start September. As an experienced School Direct Alliance of Manchester schools, including primary, secondary, specialist and sixth form colleges, we are working in partnership with The University of Manchester to deliver innovative and exciting Initial Teacher Training in Geography Education.
We provide a diverse and inclusive programme of learning and support which equips new teachers with the skills and knowledge to be outstanding teachers, benefiting from the opportunities and challenges within our exciting city. Our partner provider The University of Manchester, will validate your School Direct course with a PGCE qualification and qualified teacher status, giving you the opportunity to complete up to sixty credits towards your master’s degree. Our partner schools have substantial experience of working with trainee teachers and have a strong track record in producing high quality graduate teachers. Successful applicants to our alliance will join a strong partnership where you will benefit from mentoring and support from highly experienced urban practitioners. Teach Manchester offers you a range of experiences within Manchester Schools where you will have the opportunity to learn and grow in confidence within a secure and stimulating environment. Geography teachers will deliver lessons to ability, set Key Stage 3 classes and work with mixed ability Key Stage 4 groups. They will teach a range of topics including physical, environmental and human Geography. School Direct trainees follow a University and school based programme of professional studies, meeting on a regular basis to share reviews of progress being made and to ensure access to the full range of training opportunities.
- Minimum 2:2 honours degree in geography or a related subject (eg, environmental management or environmental sciences). A minimum of 50% of your degree content should be geography-related
- B in geography or a related subject at A-level (or equivalent qualifications), excluding AS-levels, General Studies, and counting your three best A-level grades.
- GCSEs – English and Maths at Grade C / 4 or above
- Our strongest applicants have undertaken some observation in a school and reflected on their experiences and the role of the teacher
- Satisfactory medical clearance and Disclosure and Barring Service check