Teach Manchester is offering an excellent range of high quality School Direct places to start September 2018. As an experienced School Direct Alliance of Manchester schools, including primary, secondary, specialist and sixth form colleges, we are working in partnership with Manchester Metropolitan University to deliver innovative and exciting Initial Teacher Training in Religious Education.
We provide a diverse and inclusive programme of learning and support which equips new teachers with the skills and knowledge to be outstanding teachers, benefiting from the opportunities and challenges within our exciting city.
Our partner provider Manchester Metropolitan University , will validate your School Direct course with a PGCE qualification, giving you the opportunity to complete up to sixty credits towards your master’s degree.
Our partner schools have substantial experience of working with trainee teachers and have a strong track record in producing high quality graduate teachers. Successful applicants to our alliance will join a strong partnership where you will benefit from mentoring and support from highly experienced urban practitioners. Teach Manchester offers you a range of experiences within Manchester Schools where you will have the opportunity to learn and grow in confidence within a secure and stimulating environment.
The course involves developing trainee teachers in the classroom and enabling them to become reflective practitioners. They will plan and deliver engaging and challenging lessons whilst maintaining the excellent standards of the R.E. Department.
School Direct trainees follow a University and school based programme of professional studies, meeting on a regular basis to share reviews of progress being made and to ensure access to the full range of training opportunities.
- GCSEs – English and Maths at Grade C / 4 or above
- A Levels or equivalent
- Degree classification 2:2 or above – Philosophy, Theology or Religious Studies is expected.
- Experience – you should be able to show your passion for working in a school and it is expected that you will have gained some UK school experience and other relevant work experience with children
- Professional Skills Tests in Literacy and Numeracy
- Satisfactory medical clearance and Disclosure and Barring Service check