Interacting with children in ways which support their vocabulary development & extend their self-initiated learning
- Hear science of learning insights about the core way to support children’s developing vocabulary.
- Explore the key elements that lead to high quality interactions which genuinely extend children’s thinking, language and learning.
- Receive a supportive tool to take away, that will enable you to evaluate the quality of day to day practice in this area.
- See and discuss various video footage of real interactions which exemplify the key points raised.
- Review the role of questioning in interactions with children and consider what types of questions are most effective.
Before becoming an international speaker and consultant, Kym was Early Years Lead in the London Borough of Lewisham. This enabled her to support many schools and settings in a variety of circumstances and to informally research the key elements that make for excellent outcomes for children.
Lewisham has been named as one of the top places in the country for children’s development due to how well children in the borough consistently achieve at the end of the EYFS. Kym is frequently praised for her clear, realistic & highly practical advice, & for the impact she makes on the practice of those she works with.
Date: Wednesday 11th December 2019
Time: 4:30pm – 6pm
Venue: Martenscroft Nursery School & Children’s Centre, 33 Epping Street, Hulme, Manchester, M15 6PA
Standard Fee: £25per delegate.