We are pleased to be accredited by the Department for Education to offer the National Professional Qualifications in both Middle Leadership (NPQML) and Senior Leadership (NPQSL).
Further information about the Middle Leadership Programme can be found here.
Our programme has been very popular with schools, are therefore we are fully booked for 2019. You can express your interest here to find out about our 2020 cohort.
We believe that there is no substitute for human interaction as a driver for leadership development and school improvement. This philosophy underpins our “NPQ” package ensuring that face-to-face delivery is at the heart of each programme rather than online learning.
As part of our Teach Manchester ethos we strive to support the development of urban leadership.
National Professional Qualification for Senior Leadership (NPQSL)
Are you a current or aspiring Senior Leader? Do you want to learn from leaders that have led schools through recent and rapid school improvement journeys?
The NPQSL is aimed at current and aspiring senior leaders in primary, secondary and special school settings. This includes experienced middle leaders, assistant heads, deputy heads and other senior staff looking for professional development.
Teach Manchester is unique in offering you:
- excellent training designed and delivered from a team of established Manchester leaders from primary and secondary schools
- a programme of study which includes a launch conference, with opportunities to network with other local leaders embedded throughout the course
- an opportunity to develop and lead a transformational whole-school initiative, with dedicated 1:1 coaching support from your in-school ‘SLT Impact Coach’.
- training events and workshops taking place in various Manchester schools with the chance for participants to learn about effective practice
Benefits to the participant:
- Developing Leadership and Management skills via a nationally accredited, quality assured programme
- Face-to-face tuition from proven, practising, senior leaders from Manchester schools, many of whom have led schools through improvement journeys
- Networking with peers
- Developing an understanding of current and changing urban context and the need for agile leadership
- Opportunity to develop and lead a transformational whole-school initiative, with dedicated 1:1 coaching support
Benefits to the school:
- Increases the capacity for devolved leadership and succession planning
- Motivates and retains ambitious teachers
- Provides a mechanism for school improvement
- Secures improvement for identified development areas for school or individuals
Our programme is delivered over a 1-year period; leading to submission approximately 15 months after the start date. Within this period participants:
- attend face to face sessions
- engage with pre and post session tasks
- work with their peers and programme facilitators
- embed their skills in practice on an in-school Impact Project
The Project and Assessment:
Within the constrains of the project title which is set by the Department for Education; your project can be tailored to suit your school development priorities.
For the National Professional qualification in Senior Leadership; the set project descriptor is:
Leading an improvement project across their school, lasting at least 2 terms, to reduce variation in pupil progress and attainment (part A) and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of teaching (part B).
The reflective write up of this project, alongside supporting documents such as a risk register is what is submitted for assessment.
Express your interest:
Our 2019 cohorts are now fully booked. We expect to run our next cohort commencing in either the late summer of 2020 or early Autumn 2020. If you would like to hear from us when applications open, do complete our short expression of interest form.
Please contact Natalie Hardy on 0161 212 1900 or firstname.lastname@example.org further information.