This workshop run by St Mary’s Primary School is aimed at secondary maths teachers and secondary maths leads. It will focus on the mastery approaches being taught to upper key stage 2 pupils to embed and deepen their knowledge.
This workshop includes:
– a demonstration of a Year 6 Singapore maths lesson
– discussion with teachers and maths lead focused on transition and how mixed ability teaching follows the mastery principles
– a workshop looking at the principles which underpin a mastery approach, and how these can be used in whole class teaching in order to secure and deepen mathematical understanding
– the opportunity to look at our text books and examples of children’s work and their journals
Teachers of Year 6 are also welcome to attend.
- Wednesday 8th November 2017
- Or: Wednesday 20th June 2018
Time: 9am- 12noon (register from 8:45)
Fees: This workshop costs £150 for a pair of colleagues to attend.
Venue: St Mary’s Primary School, Moss Side
You can book online for these events on Teach Manchester’s Eventbrite page. You can also book by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or telephoning 0161 226 1773