Teach Manchester: Business Development Manager
I joined the Teach Manchester Alliance in the summer of 2016 as the Business Development Manager and was designated as an SLE in summer of 2018. Prior to this I have spent my career working in Children’s Services of a Local Authority and a University Faculty of Education.
I am committed to developing outstanding practice within schools because of the profound effect a great education has on students’ life chances. I believe that to achieve the best outcomes for pupils; staff and resources need to be deployed in the most efficient and effective manner. Through working collegially, through the sharing of best practice, research and lessons learnt, both individual and institutions can be supported to develop.
My role is focussed on the development of the teaching school which includes:
- I am often the first point of contact potential trainees will meet at School Direct Initial Teacher Training (ITT) Recruitment events and interviews
- I support the delivery of our ITT routes, supporting other system leaders and leaders in our partnership schools
- I support the delivery of our CPD programme, including our nationally accredited CPD such as our National Professional Qualifications in Middle and Senior Leadership
- I support our Specialist Leaders of Education in their deployments and projects
- I work alongside the Teach Manchester Strategic Group, and Chairs of our Core Groups to identify and bid for funded opportunities
I work across the alliance, and am based at St Mary’s Primary School, 0161 226 1773 or can be contact via email