Teach Manchester: Business Development Manager
I joined the Teach Manchester Alliance in the summer of 2016 as the Business Development Manager and was designated as an SLE in summer of 2018. Prior to this I have spent my career working in Children’s Services of a Local Authority and a University Faculty of Education.
I am committed to developing outstanding practice within schools because of the profound effect a great education has on students’ life chances. I believe that to achieve the best outcomes for pupils; staff and resources need to be deployed in the most efficient and effective manner. Through working collegially, through the sharing of best practice, research and lessons learnt, both individuals and institutions can be supported to develop.
My role is focussed on the development of the teaching school which includes:
- I am often the first point of contact potential trainees will meet at School Direct Initial Teacher Training (ITT) Recruitment events and interviews. I also co-lead the Physics and Maths Internships (Apply here) with Graeme Balfour.
- I support the delivery of our ITT routes, supporting other system leaders and leaders in our partnership schools, including if you’re a school wishing to offer a salaried place.
- I support the delivery of our CPD programme, including our nationally accredited CPD such as our National Professional Qualifications in Middle and Senior Leadership and our Teacher Subject Specialist Programme in Physics.
- I support our Specialist Leaders of Education in their deployments and projects
- I am a member of, and support our English, Maths, Science and Mental Health Core Professional Development Groups in their activities. Do get in touch if you’d like to join one of these.
- I work alongside the Teach Manchester Strategic Group, and Chairs of our Core Groups to identify and bid for funded opportunities including
- Supporting the Mental Health Needs of Pupils with Neurodevelopmental Difficulties
- Physics and Maths Teaching Internships
- Supporting the Development and Implantation of Mastery in Mathematics
I work across the alliance, and am based at St Mary’s Primary School, 0161 226 1773 or can be contact via email