Do you want to teach but lack school experience?
Are you considering teaching as a career, but aren’t sure if it’s the career for you?
Consider applying for a 4-week paid teaching internship!
Teach Manchester is very excited to announce its paid Physics and Maths internship programme. The programme is funded by the Department for Education and builds upon existing collaborative partnerships.
Ten undergraduates wishing to teach either maths and/or physics will be carefully selected to undergo a four week internship in Teach Manchester partner schools.
The Interns will work with enthusiastic and successful teachers, capturing their inspiration and passion for teaching Maths and Physics. They will also meet STEM graduates who have made good, swift progression in their careers and be supported by trained, experienced, mentors who have the capacity to respond to the individual needs of the interns.
One of the main benefits of the scheme will be the wealth of Initial Teacher Education experience in our schools, which is typically only available to trainees from beginning of their first formal placement when the demands of the classroom may already be challenging. You will be supported to plan and deliver curriculum content to pupils and peers and work as part of the school team.
This scheme will enable applicants to secure the classroom experience required to apply for teacher training for 2019 entry. Interns will be recompensed at the rate of £300 per week (total £1200).
Teach Manchester will guarantee an Initial Teacher Training place interview to all physics/maths interns who successfully complete the internship and have the required academic qualifications for a place for 2019 entry.
To apply: you will need to:
- be passionate about teaching maths or physics as a career
- be in your penultimate undergraduate year (graduation in summer 2019); studying a subject that would enable you to teach maths or physics (for example maths, physics, engineering, natural sciences).
- hold GCSE A*-C in maths and English or equivalent
- consent to a Disclosure and Baring Service and referencing checks. These posts are exempt from Section 4(2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975.
- be available for the full period Monday 11th June – Friday 6th July 2018
Applications are being taken online and will close once all positions are filled.
A word document is available to download here: (Physics and Maths Internship Application) if you are unable to apply online.
An assessment day will take place for shortlisted applicants.
If you have any queries relating to the scheme, please do contact Rachel Eppy at St Mary’s School on 0161 226 1773 or firstname.lastname@example.org