Funding has been approved by the National College for Teaching and Leadership to deliver a Teacher Subject Specialism Training course in secondary Physics.
It will be delivered by very experienced Physics tutors in 12 twilight (approx. 4 – 6.30 pm) face to face sessions at Loreto College. There will be mentor supported online tasks and assessment, and additional in-school support where required.
The face to face sessions will incorporate theory, demonstrations, practical work, mathematical aspects and delivery modes. Participants will be expected to undertake additional private study and exercises. Participants will also be expected to complete online audits and diagnostic tests.
1. Increased confidence and understanding of KS3 and 4 Physics sufficient to extend the understanding of the more able students.
2. Understanding of common misconceptions and how to address them.
3. Improved confidence in practical work and the use of apparatus.
4. Development of new ideas for practical work and confidence with the new GCSE practical assessments.
5. Increased knowledge of Physics in a real world context.
6. Increased confidence in teaching the more mathematical aspects of Physics
7. An enjoyment of teaching Physics.
This is an Institute Of Physics enabled, community approved course.
Applications for this programme are being taken online here, or please contact Rachel Eppy email@example.com or 0161 226 1773.