Have you identified a Designated Senior Lead for Mental Health?
Do they have the knowledge and skills to carry out the role?
Do you want to build capacity for them to train and support the rest of your school team?
This programme builds on our successful pilot programme funded by Health Education England and has been clinically quality assured by Manchester CAMHS. It was developed and is delivered by expert school-based practitioners from mainstream and specialist provision throughout the 5-19 age range; successfully combining theory, practical support and resources to enable you to train and support staff in your own setting.
- 10% of children aged 5-16 have a clinically diagnosable mental health difficulty (source: Children’s Society 2008)
- 90% of teachers reported seeing an increased rate of mental illness with 62% dealing with a pupil’s mental-health problem at least once per month (source: Parentzone survey 2016)
Do you want to learn more about how you could support these children and young people?
This programme will explore how:
- mental health needs can manifest in a classroom environment and how these may change over time
- pupils with neurodevelopmental difficulties such as ASC, may express their mental health needs
- specific support and interventions can be evaluated and accessed
- to action plan towards a whole school approach to mental health and wellbeing and building capacity within your school team
Audience: this course is suitable for SENDCOs, Senior Leaders with responsibility for mental health, link governors for mental health in primary and secondary settings.
“Brilliantly presented/delivered. Good level of challenge and questioning” Primary School SENDCo
“Lots of useful information/handouts… will use this in school with students and working with staff to support students” High School SENDCo
“Totally appropriate for our needs” High School SENDCo
“Excellent scope across the educational phases!” Primary School SENDCo
- Date: Tuesday 19th November 2019 (full day; lunch will be provided)
- Venue: Bowker Vale Primary School, Middleton Road, Higher Crumpsall
- Cost: £195 per person (this will be invoiced by Bowker Vale Primary School).
- Presenters: This course will be led by Kate Allely and Nichala Johansen
- To book: Contact Rachel Eppy on 0161 226 1773 / email@example.com